Translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Chops and Brown Rice


Ingredients

 
1 cup Brown Rice

1 tsp worchestershire sauce
1 Package Onion Soup Mix 
1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 tbls butter 
1/2 cup of water 
4 Pork Chops, bone in (brown in the skillet with a little olive oil sprinkled with pepper)


Directions

Spray bottom of Crock Pot with non stick spray , place brown rice on bottom of pot
add the ingredients in order except Pork chops and half of the onion soup mix  and stir.
Then place the pork chops down on top of rice and the other half of onion soup mix.
 Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours.





(Now if you want a lower sodium dish substitute water for 1/2 the chicken broth or only use 1/2 packet of onion soup mix )
(I personally like the rice cooked this way if you do not want your rice to be mushy just sprinkle ingredients on to the pork chops add the rice 3 hours before the end of cooking time along with the chicken broth   ) 





 




4 comments:

Marissa said...

Romeo my husband loves pork chops...going to try the onion soup..I bet that makes a huge difference!.just wondering ...do you ever just have a sandwich?...lol...my husband wants a homemade dinner every night..aye dios!...

Marissa said...

Ps.....I showed my sister your blog to share some of your recipes she said " I know Sylvia" Small world!..she said she's from San Juan....

Sylli-Designs said...

Who is yoursister? We rarely have sandwiches for dinner but I try to cook easy yummy stuff for my husband lol

Sylli-Designs said...

Im so excited my potato soup recipehas 1, 000 views!

Search This Blog